Sunday, March 15, 2015

Marbella and Ronda

It's incredible how fast time has been passing by.. I have less than a week left in la duquesa (as an au pair) and then I am off to travel again! It was a beautiful sunny week and Sophie and I went out to the beach or playground almost every day! A storm is on its way and it is supposed to rain Tuesday - Friday.. Time to bring the boots, sweaters, and jackets back into use!

This weekend I went to Marbella and to Ronda! 

Marbella is a wealthy beach town just north of where I am staying. I put a message up on the Malaga au pair Facebook group, and as a result met up with Mary who is Spanish and French! We had a really nice afternoon talking and walking around marbella, eating tapas, drinking in honor of at Patrick's day, and eating sweets!  It was a really great afternoon and so nice to make a new friend in the area!

Mary and I having cider / beer at the all english St. Patrick's day festival in Marbella. Buy a drink and get a hat!




Today I went to Ronda with Sandra and Sophie! It was a very windy road and it was all the way up into the mountains. It was a beautiful town and I enjoyed walking around, playing games with Sophie, listening to music, and looking out at the amazing views!

The city is built right into the cliffs!

Sophie taking a nap in "her bed". 

Flying like the birds!

Admiring the views. 

Throwing fallen flower petals into the air

Lambs running through the street on our way back from Rhonda. 

I bought an overnight bus ticket to lisbon for Friday night!  

Four more countries to go and then my journey begins back to the United States.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky, lucky you, Shosh. It all sounds amazing - minus the seagull incident, of course. :-o

    ReplyDelete