Tuesday, January 6, 2015

pura vida!

My time in Costa Rica has flown by and there is just one day left.  The kids have been great and a joy to work with – I’m definitely going to miss them!  We have seen many animals around the house which has been amazing – howler monkeys, spider monkeys, sloths, iguanas, so many birds (I can’t keep track), lizards and more.  Yesterday during my time off I took the bus into a town called Quepos.  I was a bit nervous at first (knowing my terrible sense of direction and a limited amount of time) but I made it there and back without a problem!  It was nice walking around the town and down to the beach. The best part was taking the bus – seeing how the colones were laid out at the front of the bus, seeing the unmarked streets there and back, noticing the locals, attempting to understand Spanish from conversations around me, talking to a woman from Canada on my way, and talking to a local man on my way back with my completely broken Spanish.  This short trip into the little town of Quepos made me even more excited for what lies ahead!!

Best Spanish mistake of the week: I wanted soy milk so I asked for “soy leche”. This attempt at mixing English and Spanish turned into me saying “I am milk”. I got confused looks for a moment until someone figured out that I wanted “soya leche”. It all worked out in the end. 









3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your adventures! Safe travels. Looking forward to more posts! :)
    "I am milk" hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Have fun on the next leg of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are awesome pics shosh! Love the tucan one and the monkey sillouette in the tree thingy. Ha, "soy leche" - that's a great story! glad you're having fun see you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete