Friday, January 30, 2015

birthright

Birthright was amazing.  It’s impossible to sum it all up in a paragraph or a few pictures, but it is definitely a trip that I will remember forever.  We had a wonderful group of people from all over the united states and a great group of Israelis that joined us for a few days.  We hiked, ate more falafel than you can imagine, slept out in the freezing cold Negev, rode camels, floated in the dead sea, spent hours on a bus…..etc .  It was a great mix of touristy and non touristy things and although this was my 4th time to Israel, I got to experience it in a whole new way with new people.

on the top of Masada with my roommates from the first night

the sunrise on Masada

hiking in ein gedi

mud at the dead sea before floating and then taking freezing cold showers

riding a camel with adam

ibexes ( apparently their poop tastes like chocolate)

the bus that took us all around Israel

a beautiful 5 hour hike through the Negev after sleeping out in the middle of the desert

ice cream near the shuk in Jerusalem ( I had passion fruit and masala!)

the kotel (western wall)

the note in honor of my oma - she will be missed

Emily and I outside of yad vashem

beautiful waterfall at banias

fresh squeezed pomegranate juice in tzfat

the beach in Tel Aviv

celebrating my 25th birthday with a great group of friends in tel aviv



1 comment:

  1. I made the blog!! Woohoo! So glad to see you have a blast with the rest of your travels!!

    ReplyDelete