Thursday, February 5, 2015

Plitvice


Over a year ago I saw a website with pictures of beautiful places all over the world.  A picture of plitvice lakes national park stood out in my mind with numerous beautiful green and blue flowing waterfalls.  A few months ago as I began planning my travels, I remembered this picture, looked further into the place, and bought my ticket to Croatia.  Now - here I am! Hello, or "bok" as they say in Croatian. 

Anna and I took a 2.5hr bus ride to plitvice from Zagreb today. The park was partly closed because of the snowy weather conditions, but it was absolutely beautiful and isolated as a result (other than one Korean tour group that showed up towards the end).  There was still plenty to explore and the closed areas were also not very challenging to get past...

Snow fell throughout the afternoon as we crunched through fresh fluffy piles. The lakes ranged from deep blue, light turquoise, and some were frozen over and gray. Hundreds of waterfalls poured into the lakes and into each other.  Havala (thank you) Croatia! 

Dovidenja (goodbye) and havala (thanks)
for reading. Next stop: Budapest! 











2 comments:

  1. Looks sooo cold but beautiful! Glad you're safe
    *jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What wonderful memories you're making on this trip! Thanks for sharing with us as you go. Can't wait for more!!

    ReplyDelete