Sunday, February 15, 2015

Solo in Paris

Bonjour! After about 2 months of traveling as a nanny, on a group trip, and with friends, I began my solo journey.  I arrived in Paris on Wednesday night with no idea of what lay ahead, where I might wander, and who I might meet.  Excitement was all I felt.  I met a group of kind strangers at the hostel and explored with them the following day. 
We walked a few short minutes up to the Sacre Coeur, a small yet beautiful cathedral up on a hill. 


Moulin rouge was next. We passed by numerous sex shops on our way there and the building was on the side of a busy street. It almost blended in with the building around it, yet the bright red color and windmill made it stand out. 



After a few transfers through the large yet effective subway system, we made it to the trocadero which provided great views on our way to the Eiffel Tower. Hazy sky, yet unbelievably beautiful! 


On our way to the Notre Dam, we passed by a man handing out rice. Pigeons were swarming the area and although I usually do not gravitate towards mobs of pigeons, I decided that I had to..! You only live once right?



The outside of the Louve was or next stop. The beautiful tall building surrounded us and the pyramids were incredible. I decided against taking the usual picture pretending to pinch it from the top, but I got some amazing ones regardless.


Prior to heading home, we stopped by the arc de triumph, standing tall with the sun beginning to go down behind it.


Overall, a pretty amazing first day in Paris, and a great start to my solo journey ahead!

Au revoir,
Shoshie 

1 comment: